High School Graduation May 2023
DRAFT - This plan has not been approver and is intended for planning only - DRAFT
The graduation ceremony for the 2023 senior class of Pickett County high school will take place on May 12, at 7:00 p.m. in the high school gym. Family members, friends, and the public are invited to help us celebrate this joyous occasion. To ensure a dignified ceremony, we ask for everyone’s cooperation by following the guidelines set forth in the plan below.
Key parts of the plan.
- Graduating seniors will arrive before 6:00 PM and report to the school library. Seniors should use the senior parking lot. Seniors are allowed to invite as many guests as they would like.
- As other family members arrive they can enter the gym starting at 6:00 PM. Wearing of a mask is optional.
- Family groups are asked to arrive together so that they can be seated together. There will be a marked off area on each side of the gym for immediate family members of the seniors.
- Staff members will assist our guest into the gym to be seated.
- With the exception of the family member seating area, the gym will be filled from front to rear. Guest are asked to remain seated until time to leave.
- No one is allowed out of their seat to take pictures. Two professional photographers will be taking pictures. Those pictures will be posted on- line for families to download free of charge. Seniors will be provided a flash drive with the ceremony and pictures on it. At 7:00 or shortly thereafter, the seniors will file into the gym and be seated.
- The ceremony will progress, in general terms, as follows:
- National Anthem
- Opening remarks
- Valedictorian speech
- Salutatorian speech
- Historian speech
- Class president speech
- Confer diplomas
- Closing remarks
- Seniors file out of the gym and go back to the library.
- After the ceremony, please stay seated, staff members will direct groups out of the gym.
Please help us celebrate this occasion and make it memorable for them.