Pickett County High School Code: 430-215
The deadline for students to summit FAFSA to be eligible for the Tennessee Promise Scholarship is February 1, 2019. Any Senior who is planning to attend a post secondary school needs to summit a FAFSA for Federal, Lottery and state grants at https://fafsa.ed.gov/
. This is a free applications for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA.org).
- College for TennesseeIs a free resource operated by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission that provides planning tools tho help high school students and parents explore career pathways and related postsecondary education opportunities. For more information https://collegefortn.org/open/welcome
- Sign up for free advising at CollegePoint.info
- Students needing community services hours can contact Caris Health Care. Students can volunteer to participate in patient care or administrative duties. For more information contact Deborah Austin at 931-456-8970.
- Paws of Dale Hollow needing student volunteers. Call 513-520-4527 for more information.
- TN Scholars Adds Value to a Diploma
Attention 2018 Tennessee Scholars graduates- Please complete the Tennessee Scholars Survey by May 1, 2018 to be entered into a drawing for $100. Please follow instruction after you click the lick below.
- Fast Web Scholarship Link:
- Tennessee Tech ROTC Scholarship
High School GPA 3.0/22 ACT Score ( or better). Face to face Interview. Presidential Fitness Test (push ups, sit ups, 1 mile run).
Meet basic ROTC enrollment eligibility. Enroll and take basic ROTC courses (3 credit hrs a semester). Maintain a college GPA 2.75.
If you are interested in this scholarship and want more information on how to apply call Ron Bordon at 931-372-3574 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Tennessee Scholarship Links:
www.tnalpha.com and click the balanced man scholarship
Twin Lakes Scholarship- Twin Lakes partners with the Foundation for Rural Service to strongly support the continuing education of rural youth. The 2019 FRS Scholarship is now available. Students must meet the eligibility requirements. Information on the scholarship program can be found online at www.frs.org. Please see attachment below Twin Lakes Scholarship Application.
Scholarship Link: http://www.vscc.cc.tn.us/Foundation/scholarship-listing.
Scholarship application for TCAT is list above 2019 TCAT Scholarship.
If the college or university of your choice is not listed above search online. If you are unable to find information please contact me.
- Selective Service Registration
Registration is the law. Penalties for failing to register or comply with the Military Selective Service Act is a felony and punishable by a fine of up to $250,000 or a prison term up to 5 years or a combination of both. For more information https://www.sss.gov/
If you are interested in joining the military more information can be found at www.todaysmilitary.com
- Who's Who Among American High Students
- Hoby Hugh O'Brian Leadership Programs and Scholarships ( Sophomores- Seniors)
For more information: http://www.hoby.org/
Just enter a major to see a visual breakdown of the most popular, highest paying and fastest growing jobs in a field, as well as the most relevant job listings from 12,000 companies. The results are based on government data from 2 million respondents representing 360 careers and 148 majors. http://www.jobcomet.com
- Volunteer State Community College Dual Enrollment Information
Students see Ms. Copeland for information packets. Packets are delivered to school by Dual Enrollment Liaisons. The Liaisons often meet with the student groups to discuss the process, and the Guidance Counselors typically distributes the information to the interested students as they are going through the registration process for high school classes. The student must apply online to Volunteer State Community College and print the required paperwork. The paperwork, which also requires a parent or guardians signature,it is then given to the Guidance Counselor for further processing.
After all the required documents have been received, the Liaisons will collect the information from the high schools and deliver it to Volunteer State's main campus. Staff in the Office of Off-Campus Sites will process the student's paperwork and coordinate with the Offices of Admissions and Records in order to admit the students to the college and register the students for the specified classes.
Once students have been registered for classes, the Financial Aid Office will then certify the Dual Enrollment Lottery Grant and apply that amount to the students' accounts. Fee Discount will also be applied for those eligible students who submitted the appropriate paperwork.
The remaining balance can then be paid through the Business Office. Payments can be accepted in person, by phone or online. Payments must be made later than the first week of class. To be officially registered for a class, all steps must be completed, including payment. https://www.volstate.edu/highschool/HowToApply.php